Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Career in Elearning Solutions

Elearning is something that is close to my heart. I was once a teacher for middle school and it has always been my passion to teach even before I got into elearning solutions. A lot of people love asking me about how I got into this career path in the first place. They are very curious since I seem to be enjoying my job as an instructional designer. So I thought about it long and hard and decided to write this post for you guys.

elearningGlobe

First of, what exactly does an instructional designer do in the first place? This is basically being part of an elearning solutions team and being the one who makes sure that the over all effect of the module, is effective. We are the guys who try to give the elearning solutions students and trainees the best possible elearning experience that they could ever get. The act consists generally speaking of analyzing what the current level of the student is and determining their specific needs. Then the instructional designer will define what the final goal of the instruction should be. Then there will be some intervention materials that will be created if there is a need to help the students or trainees along their transition. This whole activity requires at least some level of knowledge of theories regarding pedagogy and andragogy. That is why being a teacher; this job was already very well suited to me.

I will of course miss a few things that I left behind along with my teaching career. I really miss the wonderful students that I met and made friends with throughout my years as a teacher. But all in all, I am really satisfied with my work in the field of elearning solutions because it pays a lot and it is just a little less stressful. I also love that I get to learn so many different things every time we have a new project individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment